Legal, Copyright and Privacy notes for www.pmstudios.co.uk
These notes cover this photography website and its blog posts.
We respect your privacy. No details are collected about you apart from that noted below:
Cookies are quite common – they are just simple text files but they can be used to track your activty across the web – some of the big companies are notorious for this. For this reason I have stopped using Google Analytics. This website only uses limited cookies:
- The photo album software (Jalbum): This places a cookie for remembering your preferences.
- The website software (WordPress): This is for when visitors leave comments on the site: we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
- If you leave a comment on our site you may opt in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
- If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
- When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
- If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
These are used so that the usage of the site can be monitored. Understanding how visitors use a website is an important element in being able to provide an effective website. Only one service is used:
- Hosting package statistics. These are active and are the default facility provided by the hosting company, in this case Zen Internet. The statistics package is provided by ‘Webalizer’. Please refer to their respective websites for more information. As far as I am aware, this doesn’t place cookies nor track you across the web.
The contact forms do not record any email addresses that are entered. All that happens is that they email Paul Morris using the given email address as a ‘reply-to’. Emails sent to Paul are responded to as soon as possible, using the supplied email address. They are not added to his address book but are archived for possible future reference. Paul does not send any bulk unsolicited email – he hates spam as much as most people do.
Copyright – Website:
This websites and its content is copyright © of Paul L.G. Morris 2006-2021. All rights reserved. Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
You may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only.
You may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal, non-commercial use, but only if you acknowledge this website as the source of the material.
You may not, except with my express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it, embed any part of it (including images) nor store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
Copyright – Photographs, images, video and text:
Sorry for this legalistic stuff, the main aim is to give Paul some legal protection against being ripped off by people using his work for their gain. If you have any questions feel free to contact Paul. Please note that all content of these pages, including photographs are copyright © 2005-2021 Paul L.G. Morris. Licence to use is obtained through contacting Paul. Therefore use of the photographs, videos or other work is by arrangement only.
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by us and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk. Note that all information is provided in good faith, but this is a fast changing world and information can date quickly, honest errors do occur and how it is used is beyond the control of the ourselves. Important to Note: Paul is not a natural history expert, therefore identification of plants, fungi, insects, animals etc. is tentative – he has used his best efforts using field guides and Internet researches. This is particularly so with the fungi and plant identification where poisonous fungi and plants can easily be mistaken for harmless types – seek expert opinion – therefore no liability can be accepted for any of the information provided.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of ourselves. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, we take no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable however caused.